This surely is a season of going ONLINE, soon after the announcement of SNAP going ONLINE we hear that XAT 2018 goes ONLINE too.
What is XAT?
XAT is Xavier Aptitude Test conducted by XLRI (Xavier Labour Relation Institute) Jamshedpur. It is a common entrance exam conducted by Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI) for admission in its management institutes across India.
A candidate needs to register for XAT exam & also register for the institute courses of his/her choice separately by paying separate application fees.
- The candidates first need to visit the official portal of XAT i.e.; xatonline.net.in
- Candidates are then required to Complete their profile (i.e.; create a user id & password) on the XAT portal by clicking on NEW Registration after which they can Access the form;
- Once candidates are able to Access the form they should fill the Complete form;
- After submitting all the details in the form the candidates are then required to make the payment.
Note: Candidates are advised to click on the FINAL SUBMIT tab only after cross checking all the information that they are providing.
Mode of Payment:
The candidates may pay through:
- Payment Gateways – Candidates can pay through the given payment gateways with credit card/ debit card and net banking options.
- Bank Branches – For this, candidates shall take the print of Challan form and visit the nearest IDBI branch.
- Demand Draft – The DD has to be made in the favor of “XLRI JAMSHEDPUR” payable at JAMSHEDPUR.
Note: In both the mode of payment the candidates are required to courier/speed post/register post the printout of XAT Confirmation Page as well as the printout/Photocopy of payment confirmation Page to XAT Office.
XAT Registration Fee (without late fee) –Rs. 1650/- Candidates interested in XLRI programs needs to pay an additional fee of Rs. 300/- each. XAT Registration Fee (with late fee) –Rs. 2000/- Candidates interested in XLRI programs needs to pay an additional fee of Rs. 500/- each.
Mode of Test:
As mentioned earlier, unlike previous years this year XAT exam will be conducted ONLINE.
|Registration Starts||16th August 2017|
|Registration Ends||30th November 2017|
|Admit Card Download||20th December 2017 onwards|
|Exam Date||7th January 2018 10 am – 1:35 pm|
XAT Eligibility Criteria:
- Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum three years duration or equivalent in any discipline. Those completing their final examination by June 10, 2018, may also apply.
- All Indian candidates must appear for XAT 2018. However, NRI and Foreign candidates may apply through GMAT score (except Dubai and Kathmandu wherein candidates also have an option of appearing for XAT 2018).
- Candidates appearing in Final year of Graduation can apply by entering their aggregate percentage of marks obtained until the time of filling of form.
XAT Test Pattern:
The test would be split into two sections:
- Aptitude Test;
- GK and Essay.
|Section||No. of Questions||Time Given|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||78||170 Minutes|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation|
Note: Every wrong answer will fetch you negative marking of 0.25 and for more than 13 unattempted questions negative marking of 0.05 marks.
Stay tuned for more updates on XAT.
All the best!!