After IIM Ranchi, IIM Indore joins the list of IIMs offering PGP-HRM. It can be said that another feather has been added to the list of courses offered by Indian Institute of Management, Indore. IIM-I will be launching Post Graduate Program in Human Resource Management this year.
Things you need to know:
- It’s a dual campus program. Classes in the first year will be conducted in the Mumbai Campus and for the second year in the Indore Campus.
- The selection process will closely resemble the selection process for PGP.
- The minimum eligibility criterion for the course is – a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum aggregate off 50% for Gen/ 45% for SC/ST/PWD. Final year students can also apply.
- With this program as well, IIM-I continues its norm of awarding high weightage to class 10th and 12th marks at the short listing stage.
It is a two year, full-time, residential program. This programme is aimed at grooming participants into professional managers.
The learning that is aimed to be imparted from this course is:
- To apply analytical orientation in creating sustainable and innovative value creation frameworks;
- To integrate human resource and business issues emerging in a dynamic environment;
- To apply an understanding of behavioral tenets for harnessing value in organizations and society.
To nurture managers who are able to integrate human resource and business issues by relying on advances in behavioral science, analytics and emerging organizational forms.
- The curriculum of PGP-HRM with its first batch from 2018-20 has been designed by taking into account feedback from the corporate sector, emerging trends in human resource management and business education, and integrating insights from analytics and behavioral sciences.
- The academic year begins in June/July and ends in March/April of the following year.
- The PGP-HRM is spread over two years, each year consisting of three terms.
- The first year of the classes will take place in the Indore campus of IIM Indore along with PGP participants for most of the courses.
- The first year is a fundamental anchor of the programme and will provide a context of strong peer learning and appreciation of business issues.
- At the end of the first year, the participant spends eight weeks on a summer project in a business organization, working in the domain of HRM and organizational leadership.
- The second year will focus on specialized courses and industry projects, and will take place in the Mumbai campus of IIM Indore.
- The second year of the programme has been located in Mumbai in order to enable participants to interact closely with industry and business leaders while undertaking industry projects.
The first year participants are given the fundamental knowledge of Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Quantitative Methods, Operations, Economics and Strategy. The first year also introduces participants to psychometric instruments, behavioural labs, analytics and assessment centers.
In the second year participants are encouraged to select courses in specific domains such as Analytics, Negotiation and Conflict Management, Organization Development and Change, Talent Management and Competency Based Approaches and Leadership.
Selection in the Course:
- Candidates desiring to apply for the programme must select the option of PGPHRM while filling the application form for CAT 2017.
- All candidates must follow all deadlines related to CAT 2017 and appear for CAT 2017.
- Candidates who are shortlisted on the basis of their performance in CAT 2017 and other criteria will subsequently have to appear for a Written Aptitude Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI).