Already thinking about what to do after the Board Exams? Commerce folks, we’ve got you covered!
The relevance of commerce is beyond doubt. It opens different horizons for students and widens their avenues. It has been increasingly chosen by a large number of students after completion of 10th standard due to its worth in terms of finding early employment and also beginning of entrepreneurship. A majority of commerce students rely too much on their board exam scores as most of the premier universities release cut off based on board exam scores to shortlist candidates for various courses. Read, our post choosing commerce to know more about the relevance of Commerce entrance examinations after class 12th .
Various courses like B.com, Economics (H), Math (H) and so have always been preferred by commerce peeps. However it’s is of high relevance for all of us to educate ourselves about other ‘hot’ courses that can be taken up after class 12th. Most of these (being professional courses like Business economics, BBA, BBS etc.) are equally good, highly alluring and offer amazing career prospects. Admissions to most of these courses are conducted through different entrance tests by various universities. Few of the entrance tests, which every commerce student should prepare for, are discussed below:
- Entrance tests for B.Com – Several reputed universities like BHU, NMIMS, Jamia Milia conduct separate Commerce entrance examinations after class 12th for admissions to Bachelor of Commerce program. One can start preparing for these entrances right after taking their Board exams. There are several institutes providing coaching for such entrances. If a person is focused then even self- studies would do. A two months time is good enough to prepare oneself. Read, entrance exam rule over cut-off system to know about the current admission procedure at DU.
- CA/CS/ICWA- Chartered Accountancy is the most sought after courses of the country. CA exams are conducted by Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAI) and requires one to clear 3 Examinations over the period of time that are CPT, IPCC and Final CA. CA is a highly prestigious profession and it pays well too. Students can opt for ICWA as well. It is a foundation course which can be pursued after class 12th.
- Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA)- The Bachelor of Business Administration is a three year undergraduate degree program in the field of business administration and commerce. Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) conducted by Symbiosis International University, AIMA-UGAT conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA), GGSIPU CET conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University are few of the main exams that one needs to prepare for. To start your preparation for BBA entrances you might like to try out CL’s BBA Classroom program.
- Bachelor of Business Studies- BBS is another commerce entrance examinations after class 12th which is a full time professional undergraduate program for commerce students. Shaheed Sukhdev college of Business Studies (SSBS), Jamia Milia Islamia, Delhi University are few of the universities offering this program. The admission is based on a written entrance test. The test comprises of three sections- Business Aptitude and General Awareness, Quants and reasoning, English and Verbal Ability.
- Mass Communication and Journalism- Mass communication and Journalism as a field of study have become so important and prevalent in today’s time with the development of media and its technological improvements. Ideally one should start preparing for mass communication and journalism entrances for April onwards. Jamia Milia Islamia Entrance Exam , Manipal Institute of Communication Entrance Exam, Symbiosis institute of Mass Communication Entrance Exam, Xavier Institute of Communications Entrance Exam, Mudra Institute of Communication Entrance Exam, Andhra University Common Entrance Test, Symbiosis National Aptitude Test are few of the entrances conducted by prestigious Universities across the nation. To know more about mass communication, click here.
Apart from the above mentioned commerce entrance examinations after class 12th one can go for BCA, BFM and BBI to broaden their avenues.