JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) is a high stake entrance examination for most of the engineering aspirants. Students who aspire to pursue engineering start preparing for it from quite an early stage given the fact that it has huge competition. For JEE 2018, the official notification is not yet out but the aspirants are not waiting for one either, they must have started their preparation way back.
JEE is not just any engineering entrance exam, it is a stepping stone to one of the most prestigious engineering institutions in our country like IITs, IIITs, NITs, and other Government Funded Technical Institutions. With such prestigious institutions on the list every engineering aspirant right now must be pondering over only one thought “how to crack JEE 2018”?
Before we move on to strategizing our preparations of JEE 2018 and discuss 7 steps that take to crack JEE Main 2018, let us quickly discuss few important tips:
- You must remember that you should be completely dedicated towards your preparations;
- Have a systematic approach towards your preparations;
- Follow a sturdy plan which may have no (or little) scope for failures;
- Keep stress away.
Before we proceed to discuss about 7 steps that take to crack JEE Main 2018, let us discuss briefly few things about JEE:
What is JEE Mains?
JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) Main is an entrance exam conducted by CBSE to provide admission into the BTech courses of NITs, IIITs and GFTIs. Candidates who are able to secure themselves a rank in around top 2lakhs are also able to sit for JEE Advanced examination which is a second stage entrance exam for the prestigious IITs (in 2017 2.2 lakh students were declared qualified for JEE Advanced).
All this makes it a dream come true examination for candidates. Let us now discuss 7 steps that take to crack JEE Main:
- Analyze your syllabus in detail: You must start your preparation with nothing but first studying your syllabus in detail. An entrance exam aspirant should be well aware of his/her syllabus; it helps them in chalking out their plan and strategizing their preparation. An aspirant must check the complete syllabus of JEE Main 2018 topic wise.
- Plan out your way to the exam: Planning is the most important part of the preparation of any exam. Proper planning leaves little scope for any mistake. Proper planning would ensure that you do not miss out any area of your preparation. To chalk out a plan you should:
- Keep in mind the complete syllabus;
- Keep in mind the number of days left for the exam.
Set up a to-do task list for yourself every week or every fortnight or for every two days or even for every day (whichever suits you). Try to achieve it with all your determination (there will be days when you won’t be able to achieve it and there will also be days when you will over achieve it). Remember, your dedication, commitment and determination is most important to let planning be successful.
- Work on your basics first: Before anything start working on your basics first. Since you have a complete list of the topics that are included in the syllabus you should first start with a deep a thorough study of basic concepts. By knowing the basic concepts you will be able to understand each and every aspect of the topics and will be able to solve even the complicated problems in the examination.
- Identify your strong areas and weak areas: Once you are done with the thorough concept clarity of your syllabus, it is time to identify your strong and weak areas. Identifying these will give you clarity of how much more work a topic requires. If you are nervous about few topics in particular it will always be good to give some more time to them, with more hard work and revision of the topic you may be able to overcome your apprehensions about the topic(s).
- Attempt mock papers and practice questions: This stage of your preparation will help you a lot. Test taking is not an activity but it is an art in which you gain expertise when you practice. Attempting mock tests give you the real feel of the examination like nothing else. Writing mock test will help you for the second stage of your preparation i.e.; writing the exam (first being preparing for the exam). It will help you in making a strategy which suits you the most keeping in mind time management, paper pattern, external factors that may eat your time, your shortcomings during the exam time etc. With help of these mock tests you can indentify area that have a scope of improvement. Also, we must remember that just attempting the mocks will not help until you do a proper analysis of your performance in the mock as to where did you do well, where did you fail or did not perform as well.
- Revise: After attempting few mocks you would be able to judge the areas that still need work. Although, revision of all the topics is suggested, however, the areas identified as problematic ones in your performance in the mocks may require special attention. Since all topics are of similar importance syllabus becomes vast and hence a thorough revision of all the topics is suggested as the exam nears.
- Maintain a stress free lifestyle: Never given much importance and often ignored but staying stress free is the most important part of your preparations. All your preparation can go down in the drain on the examination day if you panic or get stressed. It is important that all along your preparation phase you eat well, sleep well, and keep up a healthy lifestyle so as to save yourself from falling sick. Staying determined is important but staying tensed is not advisable at all. There would be times when you will feel bogged down because of the competition and pressure of performing well, in such times stay focused and calm. To help your anxiety you may speak to your family members, mentors and seek their advice. It is good to stay optimistic when you are preparing for such an important exam of your life.
We hope that these tips will help you in your preparation of JEE Main 2018. While you prepare for JEE 2018, click here to know about our engineering offerings.
Stay tuned for more from us.
All the best!! Happy Preparations!!