English Language has become an indispensable tool in our communication. Whether it is personal or official communication, English language is widely used. Moreover, a person in our society is judged by his proficiency in English. Speaking fluently is an art, which is developed over time by regular practice.
Here, we bring to you top 5 tips for speaking English fluently.
- Build your English Grammar concepts
- English Grammar concepts are essential both for verbal communication and examinations. If you want to become fluent in English, then you should try to learn English Grammar concepts and bring them into your speech.
- This will leave a good impression and moreover increase your preparedness for various exams you appear for.
- It is essential to know when to you which part of speech along with the Subject-Verb Agreement and Tenses.
- Learn phrases
- Many of us try to learn vocabulary and put many words in a sentence. This is not a good practice. While speaking, we don’t have to showcase our entire vocabulary, the main idea is to convey the message in a simple and lucid way.
- One of the best practices is to know phrases, which can be used correctly in multiple sentences. If you know 100 phrases, you will be almost a fluent English speaker. This will in turn improve your vocabulary.
- Don’t translate
- In order to frame a correct sentence in English, do not translate the words from your Mother tongue. The order of words is different in each language. By doing this, you will eventually land me in creating a mess for yourself.
- Whatever you speak should be impromptu and automatic.
- Practice what you listen!
- Practice is the only key to success. Reading, listening, and speaking are the most important tools to learn any language. The same holds true for English.
- The natural order to build a command over English speaking is listening, speaking, reading, and then writing.
- Let us consider a real life example, when we are in a play school, we learn rhymes by listening to the recorded version or by teachers. Then we try to reciprocate (verbally) what we have heard. As we grow, you learn to read and write and develop command over English.
- Speak aloud helps you to memorize, improve on pronunciation and intonation. Practice speaking out loud until your mouth and brain can do it without any effort.
- Refer to standard English Grammar books, line Wren n Martin. Many local authors create ambiguity in concepts.
- Submerge yourself
- It is apparent that we learn from our surroundings. In order to confidently speak English, it is essential to be at a place that promotes the language.
- You will notice that many people who are good English speakers are the ones who have studied in an English medium school. They can speak English only because they are habitual to that environment.
- Developing a habit to converse in English within peer group or at home is beneficial.
By following these simple tips, you will become a fluent English speaker. This will give you an extra edge in interviews, exams and within peer. This will also motivate you and transform you into a good personality.
You might like to read, commonly used conjunction in English